- Sofja Kovalevskaja Awards presented in Berlin: On November 11, eleven talented international researchers received one of Germany’s best-endowed research awards. more ...
- We grant more than 700 fellowships and awards to researchers from all over the world every year.
- No quotas: all that counts is the academic quality of our applicants.
- We sponsor people, not projects. The abilities and dedication of the individual are crucial to academic success.
- Humboldtian in focus: Turkish electrochemist describes Germany as the centre of the European research landscape. more ...
- Global Network: Over 26,000 Humboldtians in more than 140 countries – including 50 Nobel Laureates.
- Individual sponsorship and enduring contacts – trust and bonds for an entire lifetime.
- An international research destination: We connect top researchers and young talents with partners in Germany.
- We promote dialogue, cultural exchange and development through our international network.
Call for Nominations
Georg Forster Research Award
Internationally renowned academics of all disciplines from transition and developing countries can be nominated until 15 January 2015. The award amount totals 60,000 EUR.
The Foundation maintains a network of more than 26,000 Humboldtians from all disciplines in over 140 countries worldwide. Search the Humboldt Network according to name, discipline, keyword and publication.
Publications by Humboldtians
Athina Sioupi: Aspektdistinktionen im Vergleich: Deutsch/Englisch - Griechisch
Tübingen: Narr Francke Attempto, 2014