- Annual Meeting 2014: Federal President Joachim Gauck welcomes Humboldtians in the park of Schloss Bellevue in Berlin. more ...
- We grant more than 700 fellowships and awards to researchers from all over the world every year.
- No quotas: all that counts is the academic quality of our applicants.
- We sponsor people, not projects. The abilities and dedication of the individual are crucial to academic success.
- Humboldtian in focus: Turkish electrochemist describes Germany as the centre of the European research landscape. more ...
- Global Network: Over 26,000 Humboldtians in more than 140 countries – including 50 Nobel Laureates.
- Individual sponsorship and enduring contacts – trust and bonds for an entire lifetime.
- An international research destination: We connect top researchers and young talents with partners in Germany.
- We promote dialogue, cultural exchange and development through our international network.
Call for Applications
Sofja Kovalevskaja Award
Outstanding young research talents from all disciplines may apply for a Sofja Kovalevskaja Award until 01.09.2014. The award is valued at up to 1.65 million EUR.
The Foundation maintains a network of more than 26,000 Humboldtians from all disciplines in over 140 countries worldwide. Search the Humboldt Network according to name, discipline, keyword and publication.
Publications by Humboldtians
Chetana Nagavajara: Auf der Suche nach einer grenzüberschreitenden Wissenschaftskultur.
Nakhon Pathom, Thailand: Silpakorn University, Department of German, 2013